Thursday, August 5, 2021

The Gallery @ Barr Photographics announces the resurrection of the Corner Gallery’s exhibition schedule...

NEWS RELEASE

The Gallery @ Barr Photographics announces the resurrection of the Corner Gallery’s exhibition schedule with the return of the venerable, award-winning, 88-year-old COVID-19 survivor, John F. Sauers’ exhibit of new, Plein Aire oil paintings titled, “Change of Seasons” for the summer installment.

John is a highly collected, well-known artist in this region, who has been active in the local art scene for more than forty-five years.  John is a founding member of the Arts Depot in Abingdon, Virginia, who enjoyed eight years, 2000-2008, as an artist in residence at the William King Museum also located in Abingdon, Virginia. John has influenced a host of local and regional artists through painting classes, seminars, workshops, and his outgoing personality throughout his storied career. John was born and raised in Harford County, Maryland, he graduated from the Maryland Institute of Art in 1955, spent 35 years as a graphic artist for the Baltimore Gas and Electric Company while concurrently pursuing his fine art career.   After retirement he moved to his ancestral home White Top, Va., in 1990 where, for more than twenty years, he produced his own creative work full time, in addition to sharing his love of art, expertise, and enthusiasm with students young and old.  In 2005 John left his ancestral home, moving to the village of Berkeley, near Darlington Maryland, to be closer to his children.

In his Artist’ Statement, John states, “Our lives are a perceived journey into places where the Change of Seasons touches our being. Recently, I introduced the crow into my work as a metaphor of myself. The crow represents itself in proportion of vastness of the landscape. The crow knows. As the crow, I have traveled from early in life through Maryland into the Shenandoah Valley and landed at my grandparent’s farm in Whitetop, Virginia, nesting there in 1981. Taking flight again in 2005, I returned to the land of my Father, in Berkley Maryland, where the flight originally began. Now at 88 years, I am beginning to feel a “Change of Seasons” after my brush with mortality, from contracting COVID-19 last fall at 87 years old. I spent a month in hospital battling COVID and the saving grace was that I did not have to be placed on a ventilator. Upon my release from hospital, it took me three weeks to be able to walk fifty steps. Those fifty steps took me from my bed to my front porch, where my son, Sam, set up my easel and paints so I could begin painting again. These fifty steps were almost to the end of the tubing extension that Sam installed on the oxygen tank I had to use for a while during recovery, because of the affect the disease had on my lungs. From the front porch I began a series of autumnal, plein aire scenes, some of which are included in my present exhibit. During this recovery time on the front porch, a crow showed up and I began to follow my spirit animal around the farm, short distances at first, then gradually longer as I began to regain some of my strength, all the while sketching and painting. I credit that crow for helping me get back into the field to paint! The season may be changing but this old crow still flies into the dawn of a new day.

 “Change of Seasons will be celebrated with a reception and art talk by John F Sauers, to which the public is cordially invited, on Friday, 13 August from 7 - 9:00 PM in The Gallery @ Barr Photographics, 152 E. Main Street, Abingdon, Virginia.  Change of Seasonswill hang, and be offered for sale, through 30, September.   The Gallery @ Barr Photographics is housed in the Greenway Trigg Building, located in the heart of Abingdon’s main street historic district.  Please call 276- 628-1486 or visit http://barrphotographics.com for further information.





3 comments:

  1. CAN I RECOVER BACK MY LOST FUNDS FROM A SCAMMER?
    How to recover your money from fake brokers, fake bitcoin investment platforms, forex schemes, binary, false investments proposals.
    I lost my hard earned money on a fake website. Claiming high return on investment after a monetary space of two days. I invested in their website. After which I couldn't gain any access to my capital and profits after 48 hours, I asked why I could not receive my money, then i was told to make an additional deposit of $26,000 for a dumb reason I couldn't remember. That was when I knew there was something wrong. I am a policeman with two beautiful daughters, lost my wife few years ago, which I promised myself I was going to do all I could to take care of my kids after the demise of my wife. But falling for such scam for acquisitive reason and puting my children's future at risk was quite unwelcoming. I went broke afterwards. During the course of trying to redeem myself after few months of getting scammed, i met with a referral on reddit who navigated me to a hacker on the internet. I patiently took some time to comprehend the core activities of this profound hackers. The Globalkos is a vulnerability coordination agency that performs a hack penetration guage to provides wealth recovery services for individuals and companies who have lost money through fraudulent online platforms. This organization was able to help me recover my lost bitcoins. I am truly pleased with the works of this hackers. If you really need to recover back your lost funds, contact theglobalkos@gmail.com or fundsrecovery.teams@gmail.com.
    However, You can stay away from false businesses online surely to be highly oned firm by making enquiries for their firm reference number (FRN) and contact details and barter their calls on the switchboard number and also never make use of the link in a website or an email from the firm propitiating you for an investment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not all hacker seems to be genuine, some are imposters trying to reap you off your hard-earned money, I was scammed 3 consecutive times, until I found CYBER CREDIT GURU on a blog with positive reviews and recommendations and decided to give them a try, it didn’t take up to 8 days, everything about my credit report was fixed, my FICO credit score increased from 516 to 801 excellent score. I strongly recommend CYBER CREDIT GURU, they are the best and most reliable Hacker anyone can think of, very efficient. Contact them for all hacking or credit repair issues via +1 (650) 239 7249 or Email: cybercreditguru (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know of a group of private investigators who can help you with they are also hackers but prefer to be called private investigators They can help with your bitcoin issues and your clients will be happy doing business with you,they can also help yo with your bad credit score,hacking into phones,binary recovery,wiping criminal records,increase school score, stolen files in your office or school,blank atm etc. Just name it and you will live a better life
    Contact +1(407) 777-4240
    Premiumhackservices@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete